One way to stand out to project owners is to add a video pitch to your profile. You can link to a YouTube video that describes your skills, experience, and services. Profiles with a video pitch get more views and more invitations to submit proposals than those that do not. A video pitch may be added to either an individual profile or a company profile.
To add a video pitch to your profile:
- Select My Profile from the left navigation menu.
- Select the desired profile:
- Select your name for your individual profile; or,
- Select the name of the desired company.
- Select Video Pitch from the list of profile screens under the desired profile name.
- In the provided text box, enter the URL for your YouTube video. A preview of the video is displayed. To get the URL for your video:
- In another browser window or tab, open your video in YouTube.
- Right-click on the video and select Copy video URL from the context menu to copy the URL to your clipboard.
- Paste the copied URL in the provided field.
- Click Save to save the link to your video pitch.
Note: You must click Save to save any changes made to the current page. If you leave the page by selecting a different profile page or using the left navigation menu to go to a different page without first choosing Save, any changes made to the current page are lost.